Scattering (Inland @ Garden of Peace)
Muslim Cemetery Path 11, Garden of Peace, Singapore
The National Environment Agency (NEA) has introduced Inland Ash Scattering (IAS) as an additional option for the management of cremated ashes in Singapore, beyond the current options of storing in columbaria niches, storing at home, or scattering at sea. Garden of Peace
The Garden of Peace is the first of two government-managed ash-scattering facilities and is designed as an open garden setting.
Designated lanes for the scattering of cremated ashes are spaciously laid out, with trees and hedges between the lanes to accord families privacy, and to provide a respectful and dignified environment for the ash scattering process.
The designated ash scattering lanes, lined with a bed of pebbles, allow the ashes to percolate into the soil beneath. Families can gather, view, and take part in the scattering of ashes in a respectful and dignified manner, within a serene and tranquil garden setting.
1. Advise your preferred date and time for the scattering.
2. We will assist in booking an IAS session with NEA.
3. After booking confirmation, we will inform you of the ash collection timing to meet on the scattering date.
*Alternatively, we may collect the ashes on your behalf and meet you at the Garden of Peace directly. *
4. On the day of ash collection, NEA staff will help to process the cremated remains into fine, powder ashes.
The ashes will be placed in a one-time-use canister.
5. After ash collection, we will proceed to the Garden of Peace.
*You can use the prayer facility located outside the North Gate to conduct funeral rites before proceeding into the Garden of Peace to scatter the fine ashes onto the pebbles in the scattering lane.*
Ash scattering at GOP:
You may download the NEA official brochure here
Alternatively, you may visit the NEA link below:
9.00 am - 5.00pm daily